BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Music

One of my favourite holidays, if not the favourite, is Christmas. Christmas time is surely the most magical time of the year. Everything is decorated, there are lights everywhere and people are joyful. It seems that everything is in order and for a small fragment of a moment one can forget all the horrible things that are going on in the world. As the tiny lights light up, the general mood seems to light up as well.

One of the most important factors for getting into the Christmas spirit is definitely Christmas music. It just would not be the same without it. I cannot even imagine a Christmas dinner without Wham!'s "Last Christmas" or Mariah's "All I Want for Christmas". And there is nothing like waking up on a snowy Christmas morning to an evergreen (maybe I should say everwhite) like "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby or "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" performed by either "The King of Cool" Dean Martin or "The Voice" Frankie - Frank Sinatra. It is a shame they cannot sing for us live any longer. A great tribute to both charity and Christmas spirit is Bandaid's "Do They Know it's Christmas Time". Like I said, Christmas would not be the same without the right music. In Christmas time our radio stations are airing three or four songs over and over again, and although that would generally drive me insane, around Christmas I actually enjoy hearing them every time.

Although i am not a fan of any kind of precipitation, a "white Christmas" is truly one of the most beautiful sights in life. I have to say I am fortunate enough to live in an area where this is possible, where white Christmas is not just a dream but nothing less than reality. That is why I would not trade my kind of Christmas for the world.

So, Christmas is just around the corner so decorate you house, prepare the music, hope for some snow, and above all, make sure you spend it with your loved ones, because that is what Christmas is all about.

0 comments: